Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Beauty Icon: Lucille Ball


With her trademark hair, Lucille Ball was the epitome of a fiery redhead. I would describe her look as quirky/cool and always classic. She rocked her curly pomp with defined eyes and lips, bold red. She starred with her husband in one of the most popular shows of all time, "I love Lucy," in the 50's.

Interesting facts:
-Born a brunette
-She was also the first woman to own her own film studio
-During the 1933 filming of the movie "Roman Scandals" young Lucille Ball needed to have her eyebrows entirely shaved off for the roll. They never grew back.
-She was fired from working at an ice cream store because she kept forgetting to put bananas in banana splits

"The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age."-Lucy








 

aww,betty white!

A little bit Lucy..


I don't have many vices but make-up is an addiction of mine..I went through my collection this weekend and re discovered my favorite bold red- Revlon Colorstay in red velvet. It's the perfect shade and is super smooth and creamy,love it!
This 50's blouse is my favorite vintage find lately, I adore the pattern and pan collar!
Floral bow brooch-Asos




My go-to braids for summer..a bit more interesting than a topnot and a perfect alternative to a blowout in the sweltering heat. I plait the back(4 braids)when it's still slightly wet and just blow dry the bangs..there is nothing worse than using hot air when it's 100 out!


I hope everyone is having a lovely week!







9 comments:

Mustika Hayati said...

love that photos !

http://choccopost.blogspot.com

Bad Joan said...

Love Lucille Ball. She was so beautiful and so talented!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.com
http://badjoan.blogspot.com

ChiccaStyle said...

Oh yes, she's one of my icon too!!!And you so beautiful!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

Ariyanti Tjiang said...

I love her classy style.

www.rillicious.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Love your look! Just found your site Your adorable and your etsy stuff is amazing!!! Going to have to buy something.

http://redsolesandredwine.com

Lea said...

Oh my gosh! You are so lovely with your bangs and red lipstick. I remember my grandparents always used to have I Love Lucy playing :)

jamie-lee said...

you pull off those milk maid braids so well!

two birds said...

you are absolutely gorgeous! i love your makeup. and i love lucy (pun not intended!) people focused so much on how funny she was that they failed to see how beautiful she was!

AlbeeLucky said...

I <3 Lucy! She is my all time fave comedian. Growing up watching reruns gave me the belief that you can be beautiful, smart, and funny.I say she was a great role model for this little girl.
I'm new to your blog and I love the vintage feel to it. Will now be following.
xx- AlbeeLucky.blogspot.com