Thursday, December 27, 2012

festive



 
 
It's that time of year
When the world falls in love
Every song you hear
Seems to say
Merry Christmas
May your New Year dreams come true

 
frosted windowpanes
 

My heart is stuffed with  marshmallows and tinsel..it's full haha
of cheer?
I said I was making up for the year without Christmas..
 Merrymaking mission accomplished.
 


 These little vintage Santa fellas have been part of Christmas my whole life..it was pretty horrifying to watch the same one burn/melt off in the tree scene in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation..no joke. I had to rewind to see it again! haha
It's tradition to watch it every year..and Bad Santa.
I'm into cheeky comedies.
Edward Scissorhands, The Muppets, and Elf make me happy too.


Traditional primary Christmas colors make me feel all nostalgic, grandma Betty used to stuff our presents in a cream burlap "santa sack" every year. She made it so much fun.
 
 

 

We had a pretty amazing Holiday!
 
and ate a lot..
 
Christmas Confections

iced wintermint cake
 
I spent the days leading up listening to my favorite classic songs and being
a mad scientist in the kitchen baking/making giftable treats.
 

I've been making these vanilla marshmallows for a few years now, I use a Martha/Ina method combo..they come out perfect every time. Even without the kitchen aide stand mixer I'm dying for..15 min by hand haha. My first time making a big batch!
So amazing melting in hot cocoa..

I always dab any leftover lid nilla on my wrist per my baking days with Betty.. the house and I smelled amazing.

Apple Pie infused whiskey
 
Betty Jo's Fudge
 went ham on the cooking section at Tj Maxx
had to have silver sugar pearls!


scallops and snowflakes
 
Scored these last minute on sale for under 5, for 6 perfect little boxes! Last minute shopping is awesome sometimes. Martha saves the day.

Packed full with:
 
caramel/nutella fudge
walnut-chocolate cookies
gingerbread
vanilla marshmallows

caramel apple cloud
breakfast/brunch
and last minute present wrapping
 
Went the classic wrapping route- hoarded this Scotch plaid paper a few years ago, tied up with black string and simple white tags.
 
We're tuckered out. Luke thinks he pulled something wrapping presents..probably haha
 
We recovered with movies and Chinese food..don't all good Christmas stories end with laughter and Chinese food?
 
 
Hope you had a Happy Holiday!
 
 
 

2 comments:

edgeindustrialphotography said...

gorgeous photos.
your little boxes look the best presents ever.

Circus Girl (Zoë) said...

Ohh Christmas looked pretty at your house! Glad you had a nice time sweetpea! happy new year! Zoë x