Friday, December 14, 2012

sentimental heart


It's beginning to look a lot like..

(chocolate & candy cane stained

I love having a real cut tree, that forest fresh smell!
My grandma Betty's ornaments have always been in this beat up vintage luggage, every time I crack it open..it's like the 60's in here haha
Lots of the mercury glass ones were so delicate..and broken.


The house was such a mess last year that we didn't even put up a tree..ah the joys of restoring a 150+ historic house. I'm making up for it this time around! I really missed Christmas..

Lumen does a lot of supervising around here haha
what I've been up to lately..




and watch out for fingers!
took a nice chunk out but I'm healing..the human body is an amazing thing.
this band aid is the most stylish thing I've been wearing.

but..


I rediscovered my favorite blazer..
thought I wore it to death in high school,
let's just say I had a blazer phase..
that never ended.


I'll let you guys in on a little secret.
I have crazy curly unruly hair, all I want to do is throw a beanie on that mess..so I do.
Almost every day. It was time for some new ones!
Slouchy styles like this are the best.
I have a headware obsession, it started way back..
I'll save the embarrassing hat tales for another day haha
and..


I made this yummy new concoction
roasted mini sweet peppers+creamy greek yogurt/avocado filling
most of my recipes spring from-I'm hungry and these things are about to expire haha


New Year's Eve snack?
We used to have awesome little parties at home growing up.
Grandma Betty would have dug em, this was her season.


Happy Friday!


2 comments:

Zoë Winters said...

Everything looks lovely! Wee Lumen is so beautiful! <3 and you pretty lady, I love your wee outfit details! :) Always such yummy colours! Oh I must check out your wee shop! :) Enjoy the rest of your Christmas preparations! Zoë x

vn said...

thanks. this brought back a nice memory.
of my grandmas's tree decorations.
so delicate. still have a few. so it
was pretty universal what they were
made from. I like that.

wild unruly hair?! never!
like the colour.