Friday, February 10, 2012

heart of gold

Heart Of Gold by Neil Young on Grooveshark



 I celebrated my 26th birthday on Wednesday doing exactly what I wanted..vintage shopping and sushi! We went to my two favorite places in town and it couldn't have been a better day. February is my very favorite month..Valentine's Day is coming up next!



I used my birthday as an opportunity to play dress up and wear some of my favorite pretty things. I dipped into my vintage glitter to add some sparkle to the heel of these mary janes, my vintage shoe clips made them extra fancy!

Gilded heart brooch-made by me
outfit-old favorites 
vintage-shoe clips,beaded "K",purse



heavenly...
The whole upper area of my favorite vintage shop is all pretty things. I have a few special dresses that I like to "visit"..If I could I would buy them all!

this collar is bananas haha

My loot. The vintage elephant valentine makes my heart melt.

This pretty 50's dress was a whopping 2$! It's missing all it's buttons and needs a little repair work but I adore it, perfect little project.


Happy Friday!

8 comments:

modern Suburbanites said...

love your shoes! so so cute!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

ShyScout said...

Happy belated birthday! Your outfit is so cute and I love the shoes - the glitter and shoe clips really jazzed them up :] Also, great finds from the thrift store. It sounds like you had the prefect day!

Sarah Ridgway said...

loving this blog! definatley following love your style!

www.what-sarah-saw@blogspot.com

xxx

Stephanie said...

Your outfit is so lovely. You look positively elegant

Lidiya said...

I adore your headband, it looks so cute <3
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY.

I seriously have failed so hard lately at keeping up with blogs (including my own). So consider this an apology and I look forward to getting back in the swing of things. (:

Dotty Dolly said...

Your shoes are gorgeous!!!

That vintage shop looks amazing too! xxx

Joana Vilaça said...

OMG, I love your style!! You look so adorable, super lovely! I'm in love with this headband and the shoes!!


I'm following you *

xx,
thefashiondreamcatcher.blogspot.com