Monday, August 1, 2011

weekend winsome

I




It finally rained this weekend!! Unfortunately the heat only eased up for a bit before it was right back to the muggy weather. I hung out indoors revisiting some of my favorite shows, Pushing Daisies is an all time favorite. I adore Ned and Chuck(Charlotte Charles) and her vintage inspired wardrobe is to die for..good thing there's an adorable pie maker around to bring dead things back to life! Luke and I had dinner at the sweet French cafe in our neighborhood and did a little thrifting, we have about 6 vintage/thrift stores within a few miles so I'm a lucky girl. I'm working on designing the living room around our vintage velvet sofa and I've been picking up a ton of vintage frames and unique 60's pieces, I can't wait to see it all come together! (I grew up thrifty and when I was 13 I made a list of every thrift shop in stl and mom spent the entire summer day driving me around..a very favorite memory.)











I hope everyone had a lovely weekend!




7 comments:

audrey said...

great top. . . i need more peter pan collars in my life.

i just stumbled across these amazing artsy temporary tattoos - http://tatt.ly - check them out, i think you'd appreciate them. and those color streaks in the blonde are to.die.for.

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

I loveeee this outfit! So lovely.

and those floral tattoos are amazing! Almost makes me want to get one! xo

Jen @ redsolesandredwine said...

Love the outfit but so funny, I remember watching the Dinosaurs on TGIF! So funny we used to watch shows with animals talking :)

http://redsolesandredwine.com

Sarah said...

I have love for so many things in this post that I don't even know where to begin. Pushing Daisies holds a special place in my heart and Chuck's clothes are TOTALLY adorable. I never watched Dinosaurs (which is astounding because I was obsessed with dinosaurs) but now I'm curious.

Anyway, it sounds like you had yourself a good ol' time. Your outfit is killer and I love the color of the skirt!

Chicca said...

Great choice as usual!!!Your outfit is so romantic!!!Love it!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

Veronika Novotny said...

What a gorgeous outfit, love the shoes & adorable hat, well the whole thing actually!! And I've never seen Pushing Daisies ...must take a peek it looks so fantastic. xx veronika

PuppyLovePrincess said...

i loved pushing daises, too! why do they cancel all the good shows (wahh!)...? and you're right, chuck's clothes were so fantastic! i actually did a post on them a while back:

http://puppylovepreschool.blogspot.com/2011/06/style-muse-chuck-from-pushing-daisies.html