Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Linger




Generation X inspires Generation Y
I LOVE 90's music..I can clearly remember that this is the exact time period that my love of music began. My parents were young when they had me(19!) and my dad was into music. I remember always looking through his huge binder filled with amazing cds while riding around in his super cool grey camaro with the music blasting. The first CDs I remember were alice in chains, duran duran, nirvana, and begging him to play "hungry like the wolf" over and over again. I was probably only like 7 at the time but I loved music so much. I swear he bought every popular cd that came out to add to his collection. I remember loving "sunny came home", and singing along to Ace of Base "the sign" with my brownie girl scout troop. It's crazy to think that my parents were only about 25 years old at the time, the same age I am now!
(My mom's music was Prince(always) and I'll never not think of her when I hear "pump up the jam"(Technotronic) or "push it" (Salt n Pepa) When I was little she would be like "I bet I can make you move" and give me a beat I couldn't resist dancing to haha! Mom was 17 when she snuck out of the house wearing a tuxedo to a Prince concert. He tried to pull her onstage!)

Here are a few of my favorites that make me feel nostalgic..and angsty






thrifted boots/dress,vintage locket







What's your favorite 90's thing?



12 comments:

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Very cute dress! And I love those glasses!

Chicca said...

Beautiful dress but above alla amazing boots!!!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

audrey said...

love those glasses and love that look on you. the 90s is one decade i feel like i cannot pull off at all - that and the 80s, i guess. i wore a lot of legwarmers.

you are way too sweet!! i insist on giving you something for the dress - whether it be cash, shoes or another piece of vintage of some kind. i am WAY too excited at this prospect.

Jen @ redsolesandredwine said...

I grew up in the 80's and 90's so totally relate to your choices in music :) My favorite things in the 90's 90210 and the fact that things weren't tight fitting yet.
You should do a posting on hair I always think you look so cute! Need tips on different ways to do my hair like you.

http://redsolesandredwine.com

merci beaucoup said...

love your glasses <3

chantilly said...

ah yes, i've got a couple of 90's floral dresses that i just love, as well! this one kicks ass!

xx

Katie said...

This is so cute, I love those glasses! xo

Preity Lama Tamang said...

gorgeous dress!! love that glasses!! very preppy:))

Unknown said...

I love your outfit! You look so chic! 

And the items in your shop are dreamy! Love it.

Your blog is adorable and one of my new faves! Definitely following :) Would love for you to stop by mine too, and follow if you like! Excited to be bloggy friends!

♥Abbey
Along Abbey Road

LeeLee said...

This dress is so cute! Ohh, the 90's, loved all the cheesy music, haha.

Megan said...

Love your glasses with your hair :)

Anonymous said...

Your bangs are so perfect! And I looooove Stay and 90s music in general!! What a great post!

Lidi @ Eclectic Flair