Tuesday, April 5, 2011

green mansions

I love when I catch an old movie on TCM that I haven't seen yet and I thought that I'd seen all of Audrey Hepburn's! This dreamy film stars Audrey as an adorable jungle girl complete with a baby deer that follows her everywhere!

                                               

                     
Green Mansions 1959



Pippin, the fawn. His nickname is Ip!



Audrey Hepburn is my favorite..I even incorporated a bit of her singing into my wedding music a few years ago!

  We were married in a garden and I started the long walk throughout the flower maze to a bit of "moon river" followed by a string verison of "chasing cars" for the main aisle!

2 comments:

Lea said...

So lovely :) I love it when people post up old photos like this. Because I'm always far too lazy to search and compile them myself, though I do like looking at them. So thank you :)

And I forgot to mention before that I love your blog layout. It's so simple and easy on the eyes <3

Lea

dear winsome said...

Thanks Lea! I love watching old films for inspiration and the colors and feel of old photos are so dreamy