Tuesday, April 5, 2011

green mansions

I love when I catch an old movie on TCM that I haven't seen yet and I thought that I'd seen all of Audrey Hepburn's! This dreamy film stars the dashing Anthony Perkins and Audrey as an adorable jungle girl complete with a baby deer that follows her everywhere!

                                                                                    Green Mansions 1959
Her makeup  is stunning..a soft wash of green for the eyes and pale peachy pink on the cheeks and lips



Pippin, the fawn. His nickname is Ip!


 When she was making this movie the animal trainer on the set suggested that she take the baby deer home with her so that he would learn to follow where ever she went
 
 
Audrey in her dressing room during the filming. Her yorkshire terrier,Mr. Famous, is adorable too



on set


Audrey is my favorite..I even incorpated a bit of her singing into my wedding music a few years ago!
  We were married in a garden and I started the long walk throughout the flower maze to a bit of "moon river" followed by a string verison of "chasing cars" for the main aisle!


 

2 comments:

Lea said...

So lovely :) I love it when people post up old photos like this. Because I'm always far too lazy to search and compile them myself, though I do like looking at them. So thank you :)

And I forgot to mention before that I love your blog layout. It's so simple and easy on the eyes <3

Lea

Krystle said...

Thanks Lea! I love watching old films for inspiration and the colors and feel of old photos are so dreamy