Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things



1.Luke-

 He's my best friend and I love him more than anything!











2. Reading/listening to music-

Ok..I'm cheating a little by combining these! I'm always doing one or both all throughout the day. I love discovering new music and listening to my favorites and I'm always reading something. Books,blogs,magazines....I love them all!


love collecting and reading vintage books-these are stacked in what will be our Library

3. Vintage-

Thrifting,collecting,wearing,researching..I love everything about it! I would say that 80% of my things are vintage/thrifted and some of my favorites to collect are jewelry boxes and millinery. Most of my free time is spent searching for treasures, the older and dustier the shop the better!




pretty little vintage store in St. Augustine

4. Old Movies-

One of my favorite things to do is watch classic movies. I would love to eventually watch every movie I can find! I watch a lot of TCM and Netflix while I'm working so I watch tons of old films, there is so much inspiration!


5. Beauty

Almost all of my favorite jobs have been in beauty and I love trying out new products and experimenting with makeup and hair colors.(doing the makeup for theater in highschool was fun)





6. Our House-

We recently moved into our first home and I'm so excited to finally have a place of my own. It's over 150 years old and is in the historic district in town. I've always dreamed of having a big old house and I'm so excited to restore it! I love home design/decorating and I'm working on painting and filling it with vintage pieces.



7. DIY-

I like to learn to do as much on my own as possible and I love working with my hands and creating things. I've been buying old furniture lately and I'm learning to reupholster to make them fresh and modern with a vintage design. I love cooking and experimenting with recipes for my favorites and I've become a pretty good cook!


I love painting and working on the house. It's so fun picking out the colors and designing the rooms. We went from renting a small space.. It pretty much needs an entire restoration/makeover and I have plenty of work to do!

the old 80s ripped wallpaper is gone now..not a fun job! 


8. Nature-

I love being around flowers,plants,animals and spending time outside. We love going on bike rides and picnics and hanging out with our pets who make me laugh everyday.

window seat in the kitchen, I want to have an herb garden here


my mint plants and a curious butterfly

Baxter as a baby

gorgeous falls in Oregon

Oregon coast
creatures at cannon beach








9.Design-

I've been a part of some amazing photo shoots and had a big dream come true..this winter one of my designs was featured in a magazine.

10. Road tripping-

Whether it's 15 minutes away to St.Louis,5 hrs to Chicago, or 30 hrs+ non-stop to Portland, OR...we love taking road trips! (I've only been on a plane once..it was raining and water was dripping on me inside the cabin! Scary.) I love driving with the windows down and music up and going off to discover a new town.

 Canon beach - shells & s'mores


Oregon, one of my favorite vacations ever! We would love to move there.




St. Augustine, FL



Chicago
We took one of our first trips here around 5 yrs ago. A few trips later he proposed at the top of the ferris wheel at Navy Pier..it's one of our favorite cities!





8 comments:

The Cat Hag said...

Loved reading this post, thanks for sharing. :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Sarah said...

Yay, I am having a blast seeing what other people posted for their favorites! Old movies are so much fun! I also wish I had been on a road trip because it seems like a perfect way to take control of your vacation and experience. (:

One last thought, the Disney hair thing cracks me up!

Veronika Novotny said...

Firstly thank you for thinking of me, hmmm, time to put my thinking cap on. ;-) And secondly aww, love your answers. Your house is absolutely gorgeous and SO with you on the vintage -love!! xx veronika

Chicca said...

Thanks honey for thinking about my blog, I will try to do it soon!!!Above all, thanks for all your answers because it is so nice to learn something more about people you see only in pictures!
Have a great day,
Federica
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

hi love! your answers are so cute, thank you for thinking of me! i am so busy but will definitely post this in the next few weeks!!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons
Follow Me!

Marise said...

Thank you so much for invinting me! I'm planning on doing this in a few days!

I loved your answers! Lucille Ball and Breakfast at Tiffanys are great :)

maggeygrace said...

Aw, I loved reading all of this! Breakfast At Tif's is my FAVORITE movie. I've made my friendboy watch it with me so many times! Luke is a cutie, for sure. And that's AWESOME about your etsy shop! ee!

dear winsome said...

Thanks everyone!!