Friday, July 5, 2013

Libation : blueberry lavender lemonade



We love lemonade around here, the fresher the better! Ever since I made it with vanilla a few years ago it's the only way we like it, the perfect summertime drink. Our favorite additions are blueberry vodka and lavender leaves, so amazing together. Bright, earthy, and refreshing!

lemonade makings:

6 lemons
6 cups water
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla



Juice the lemons into a bowl and heat up a cup of water, add the sugar and vanilla to the hot water and mix with the juice.  Add the remaining cold water and chill.


Anytime I get to use my little retro hand juicer I'm excited, it works great!



I used a bit of cheesecloth over a funnel to strain out any seeds when I added it to my glass bottle.
(perfect for water)


Blueberry Lavender Lemonade Cocktail

1 part blueberry vodka
2 parts vanilla lemonade
6 lavender leaves

Rub the leaves gently with your fingertips to bring out the oils before tossing them in.





Enjoy!


No comments: