Thursday, May 16, 2013

some rain must fall

Reckoner by Radiohead on Grooveshark  



Be still, sad heart, and cease repining;
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
Into each life some rain must fall,
  Some days must be dark and dreary.

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

And snow..spring eh? The weather the past few weeks has been a little crazy, rain, snow, sunshine..kind of like life I suppose.

These are a bit old considering it was 93 yesterday! Ugh. Stay away summer..at least a little longer. This season has really been all over the place, a lot like me.



I'm also the biggest procrastinator..by the time I want to do something for just me(like blog!) another thing pops up. Like spending time with my two Lu's.


 If only I had the money to pay someone to do the hard, hands on stuff...or the ability to multiply for project completion purposes, only in my dreams. Really, I've been having some strange sci fi related ones lately. It's probably those late night Defiance episodes I started watching..

Designing and collecting pieces for our historic house is the awesome, easy part. Removing layers of old dried on wallpaper/paint from almost every room, refinishing cracked old plaster(150yrs+) and learning everything as I go. I'll be a pro once I'm done! And possibly buff. My hands are killing me.



We really wanted to go to Merida/Yucatan peninsula and stay at the cutest B&B on our honeymoon(almost 5 yrs ago!) but went on a road trip to Portland,Or/Canon beach a bit later instead. Totally worth it, but we're still dreaming of a New Orleans/Mexico trip..learning Spanish from a vintage set whenever we cook south of the border stuff together!

Chile Rellenos are my specialty..I let him chop things and sip margaritas haha! Best assistant.

 

I dropped off the face of the earth lately, and into earth haha. The warmer weather has me working on a million house projects, and my green thumb.

Papa O'Malley had tons of ivy surrounding his old stone farm cottage, one of my favorite places growing up. (I loved the porch swing and pine trees and cellar wood stove and tulips and garden and turning over the compost pile and the big barn with the silt soil)
St.Louis


I've been reading up on propagating, trying to turn a little into a lot.
I've had this mini jade for about five years, it's not so mini anymore! Succulents are the plants for me.
We've been spending a lot of time outside when it's nice, the animals love the deck as much as us.

Zizi

Maybe more.

Copper

They're loungers.

Lumen

sort of.

Baxter
 

It's freshly rained and 70, Luke's calling me from the garden to come out and play..destractors. haha


Have a lovely weekend, it's spring!

2 comments:

Yelle said...

So sorry to hear about your bunny :( it was so cute! On a lighter note, a yucatan peninsula trip sounds fantastic! I do hope you get to go!

vn said...

great to see this post Krystle.
I was getting a bit worried.
sorry to hear about Bleu.
I know you had a real connection.
you bought happiness into her life
I know that.

I love the love you have for animals.