Friday, March 18, 2011

gamine girl


I love the nostalgic colors and feel of this whimsical film and Audrey Tautou is so adorable as the quirky Amelie! 



I tried to aestheticize things, make them more beautiful than they are in reality. I’m not interested in making a realistic film.

Director- Jean-Pierre Jeunet


               


I have some similar likes to the characters in her world..cracking the crust on a crème brûlée with a teaspoon(my favorite!),noticing details no one else notices, the sound of the cat's bowl on the tiles, and ripping off large sections of wallpaper..I'm working on renovating our historic house that is filled with peeling old wallpaper. I can not begin to describe the satisfaction of pulling an entire panel off in one fell swoop!

 


my favorite scene from the movie


No comments: