Sunday, December 16, 2012

pretty project : frosted


 
 
The vintage accents in my living room are mostly antique gold colored so I wanted to do a metallic/retro theme using what I had around.  I'm balancing a ton of little projects so I'm really into quick and easy lately!
 
 

Pine cones,bright gold ornaments,and random vessels I've hoard er collected over the years.
 

 Gold glitter and glue..I always have glitter. Spray adhesive works best, and chunky glitter. I'm still finding sparkly bits everywhere, tis the season!

 
 I wanted some of them to be less shiny/new more frosty old mercury glass-esque, like grandma's(right)
This spray paint..from my wedding maybe? I'm sure I said caramel latte a lot haha
 

after the frost, a little closer to my vintage ones

I set the ornaments and pine cones in an old paint tray and gave a light dusting on each side.
Not a complete paint job, more imperfect..with the original finishes showing through.
 
 
 
The frosty touches made it a little more cheery around here!
 
 
 

No comments: