Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pretty Project : vintage screen display










This vintage screen door was salvaged from my neighbors yard during his spring cleaning a few months ago. As soon as I saw the perfect chippy aqua paint it had to be mine! haha Luckily he obliged, it pays to be nice to people..I even get cookies from them around Christmas! I had big plans for this piece in the form of a sort of necklace/collar display for my bedroom. I like to see my pretty things..otherwise I forget I have them. I'm in love!





I found the cup hooks at the local store and they worked perfectly for twisting into the wire screen.




Have a lovely Tuesday!

5 comments:

Little Tree Vintage said...

love this, such a cute idea! I have seen people using old windows before, but never a door, so smart!

Elana said...

This is such a cute idea! Talk about the perfect thing to hold...well, everything :)

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Beautiful! And everything in it is stunning as well<3

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

Jennifer said...

Super cute1

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Jennifer said...

I just love that! What a great idea! :D