Monday, June 6, 2011

Mogambo!

I've been playing catch up on all of my orders and missing out on blogging(and leaving the house!) but I have been catching a lot of great old movies while working..I ♥ TCM!

This little gem stars three of my favorites, Grace Kelly,Ava Gardner, and Clark Gable in a love triangle set in an exotic landscape. It was made in 1953 and is set in East Africa where Clark's character Victor Marswell captures live animals for zoos and circuses. Grace Kelly(at 24) plays LindaNordley and Ava Gardener(at 31) plays Eloise "Honey Bear" Kelly who both unexpectedly fall for the older, charismatic Victor.










 I love the colors in this movie and the feminine clothing shades and details paired with the more tailored, masculine styles. Here are my picks for the perfect vintage inspired safari travel wardrobe!


feeling sanguine ruffle dress


$42.99


austin riding jacket by Sanctuary


- $162.99


anytime you need me olive belted shorts by c.luce


$39.99


olea europaea trouser pants


$44.99

 

  


adventures of love buttoned cargo skirt


$34.99


Pieces Demi Satchel
$88.63

 
 


walking down the long road buttoned shirt


$29.99

 

 



 

  


 


always on my mind belted dress


$42.99



FOREVER 21Canvas Wingtip Oxfords
$24.80




garden lily pad rain boots


$52.99



Pink Studio "Randy" riding boot


- $132.99  $106.50


seeking isla cerralvo pocket top


$36.99

 



need a little shine cargo dress
$31.50

fine encounters button up pocket shirt


$33.99


stafford style oxford shoes


$55.99

visiting mellows park bow top in ivory


- $34.99





wild flower leapord print scarf


$15.99









3 comments:

Sarai and Nancy said...

My favorite was the outfit where she looks all sexy in the high-waisted skirt and the off the shoulder top :) So wonderful!
~Sarai
the-puddle-jumpers.blogspot.com

ChiccaStyle said...

WOW,I am totally in love with this post!!!Simply amazing!Thanks for sharing!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

Marisa Violeta said...

Oh, this is such an inspiring post! I loved the choices you made inpired in her outfits, the colors are amazing :)