Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm No Angel

I'm No Angel is a film from 1933 staring Mae West as Tira, a dancing beauty and flamboyant lion tamer in a fifth rate circus. She really needs the money so she agrees to a risky new act, she'll put her head into a lion's mouth!  With this new attraction the circus makes it to New York where Tira can enjoy her favorite pastime, flirting with rich men and accepting expensive presents. 

She begins searching for the love of her life,a fortune-teller had informed her that he'll be rich and have black hair..insert an adorable young Cary Grant who stars as Jack Clayton, one of Tira's many suitors ..swoon. It's no secret that Cary is my favorite old hollywood actors, he's the ultimate bachelor and is so charismatic and handsome at any age!

Written by Mae this was one of the few Mae West films that was not subjected to heavy censorship!

My favorite Mae West quote of all time! "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."

Some of my favorite quotes from the film:

Tira : Well... When I'm good, I'm very good. But, when I'm bad... [winks at Jack]
Tira : I'm better. 

Jack Clayton : Oh I'm crazy about you.
Tira : I did my best to make you that way. 

“It’s not the men in your life that counts. It’s the life in your men.”

Fortuneteller: I see a man in your life.
Mae: What, only one?


And her signature line. "Why don't you come up some time and see me?"


I'm No Angel is on watch now on Netflix..check it out!




















I'm still getting used to my shorter, darker hair but I desperately needed a cut/color. I'm working on growing it out and getting it back to my natural color..hopefully I can resist and leave the dye and scissors alone!





5 comments:

Marie-Eve said...

I actually think this color is very pretty with your skintone. Love the cut too !

But I can totally relate, I just got hightlight and I'm still unshure I like it. I'm so use to the very dark hair I've had for years.

ChiccaStyle said...

Love this color, it's perfect with your skintone.
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

mrsvintagehk said...

Hi yr blog is great! I love it. I would like to follow yr blog, just wondering do you mind follow mine as well?

http://mrsvintagehk.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Oh, man, that's what I need to do this summer: rent and watch a host of older movies. Mae West reminds me of my grandmother so much (in sass, that is). You should give yourself some more time with that color before you do something, haha. I think you are rockin' the color.

Marisa Violeta said...

Your hair looks great like that! The color is perfect for your skintone! I really liked it :)