Wednesday, May 25, 2011

wanted: the perfect maxi dress

I'm so in love with this Derek Lam for Ebay maxi dress but not with the hefty pricetag(295)! Since I don't have the budget of a celebrity or socialite I'm on the search for the perfect affordable style in a wear anytime neutral shade or print. I've been seeing tons of dresses in bright colors and bold patterns but I want something that isn't neon green or tie dyed... my dream dress is a bit bohemian chic and can be dressed down or fancied up in platforms,a blazer, and a bold statement necklace. I also love how this style makes shorties like me(I'm 5'3!) look taller!

How gorgeous is Rachel in this?! I'm loving her hair color/style







£55.00




Linger on the Lanai Dress
$54.99 -Modcloth
Beauty on the Balcony Dress
$69.99 -Modcloth
Serenity Wow Dress
$57.99 -Modcloth


HERITAGE 1981Aztec Maxi Dress
$19.90
FOREVER 21Crochet Trimmed Maxi Dress
$27.80

HERITAGE 1981Ethnic Print Maxi Dress
$26.90


A vacation wouldn't be complete without me forgetting something important..my camera charger! Uhgg. I guess my vacation photos will have to wait!






4 comments:

Sarai and Nancy said...

I completely agree! I'm short too (5'1) so maxi dresses can be intimidating! I borrowed one from my friend and I love it because it's NOT tie-dye, or neon, or ridiculous. I really love the floral chiffon style ones you have on here :)
~Sarai
the-puddle-jumpers.blogspot.com

Wen Chen said...

I love maxi dresses as well. But I'm also short (5'3). I wouldn't dare wearing it without a pair of high wedges or with just a pair of flats...

GIRL AND CLOSET said...

I just adore maxi dresses, such a beautiful look and SO unbelievably comfy, a match made in heaven! I'm loving the ones that you've picked, especially the ninth one down. xx veronika

Fashion Me Chic said...

Love all these dresses. I want them all in my closet for summer. maybe we can follow each other?
http://www.fashionmechic.com/